If you are getting errors such as
Not Found in the downloaded/exported json file or
SecurityPolicyViolated, you are likely running into a firewall issue.
- Try using the library outside of your firewall
- Export the required JSON file from the UI
Refresh as First Step
- Refresh the webpage. Refeshing will clear up most issues and should be tried first and foremost before other steps.
- Disable the
Use Rendered Imagesetting from the
Image Render Settingstab to load and scroll images in low resolution mode. This will shorten loading time especially for large studies. Images revert back to hi resolution when scrolling is stopped.
- Check your RAM, we suggest at least 8GB of RAM especially for large studies, otherwise performance may not be optimal
- Check your internet speed at the time of slowdown with
fast.comto make sure it's sufficient for your project. Internet speed can sometimes be inconsistent
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Chrome browser
- Be aware that some Chrome extensions will slowdown the Annotator. Try disabling Chrome extensions
- Try closing other tabs and then refresh the web page
- Try closing other browsers
- A large compressed study may take a longer time to load
- Workaround for low RAM - open two Chrome tabs and let one exam load while reading the other and alternate between the two
If these steps fail to resolve the issue, use the
Send Feedback button on the project to let us know. Include details such as:
- Project name
- Exam number of a slow loading study
- Day and time of slowdown
- Did the slowdown occur on the first exam viewed in a session or did the initial exams load normally and then a slowdown was noticed?
- Also helpful - type of computer and amount of RAM
Sign in Trouble
- Signed in with email but I'm getting an error message - Make sure you are using the correct email. If you received an invitation link, double check the invite email to make sure you are using the same email to sign in.
- Can't find confirmation email - Check your junk/spam and trash folders.
- Using a new email but I can't sign in - Clear browsing history/cache and refresh to try again
Problems Applying Labels
Can't click on labels
- Make sure you are signed in. You should see your user icon on the top right if you are signed in and currently active on the project. Try refreshing.
- Open the
Infotab on the left and check if you have a
READERdesignation for the project. Talk to your project manager for additional privileges if needed.
Other Unexpected Behavior
- Polygon drawing doesn't draw what I want - Make sure you are using a computer (not a mobile device) and that you are using the Chrome Browser
- Other issues - Restart Chrome and if problem persists, please let us know with the
Send Feedbackbutton at the bottom of the Navigation column