An MD.ai project consists of DICOM datasets, users, label groups and labels. To create a project, ensure that you have the required permissions and click on
New Project in the side panel.
Once a new project has been created, enter a Name and Description for the project. The input boxes support Markdown. The project can be launched in the Annotator app by pressing the
Only MD.ai superusers are authorized to create new projects. Contact your institution's admin to change your role if required.
We support three different kinds of project types, depending on the use case:
- Regular: Default project type. Recommended for most users.
- Share: Special project type with built-in anonymization and user sharing properties. All uploaded DICOM data will be de-identified during processing.
- Education: Special project type with built-in data de-identification and a custom data use agreement for HIPAA-compliant educational purposes. All uploaded DICOM data will be de-identified during processing.
Project type can only be changed for empty projects i.e projects without any datasets.
- Private: By default the project will be private and only invited users will be able to access the project. Toggle this setting to make the project public.
- Clonable: By default the project will not be clonable. Toggle this setting to make the project clonable thereby allowing users to create an exact copy of the project including all the datasets and label groups. Only metadata annotations will be cloned.
Add any descriptive tags to the project such as
MR etc. for easy filtering.
Data Use Agreement
Add a data use agreement if required. All users will need to accept this agreement before accessing the data.