An MD.ai project consists of DICOM datasets, users, label groups and labels. To create a project, ensure you have the requisite permissions, and click on "New Project" in the side panel.
Every project should contain at least one dataset. A common use case for having more than one dataset in a project is separating training and test sets. After creating the new project, click on the "Add Dataset" button to create the first dataset. This dataset will serve as the container into which you will load your data. Note the project and dataset IDs.
Supported Medical Modalities
- CR - Computed Radiography
- CT - Computed Tomography
- MR - MRI
- NM - Nuclear Medicine
- US - Ultrasound
- PT - Positron emission tomography
- RG - Radiographic imaging (conventional film/screen)
- DX - Digital Radiography
- MG - Mammography
Load external data into project dataset
If your dataset source is set to "Upload", there are 2 options to load external data:
- Use the web UI directly (drag-and-drop a folder containing your DICOM images, or use the upload files/upload folder buttons).
- Use the MD.ai CLI tool. This is highly recommended for larger datasets (e.g., >100 MB). See the CLI Usage page for command descriptions.
Once uploading is complete, the uploaded data will be processed in the background. Once finished, the DICOM series thumbnails will appear:
The project can now be launched in the Annotator app: